Chinese III (Honors)

1 Unit
World Languages
Grades: 11

In Chinese III, students continue to expand their abilities in various aspects of Chinese Mandarin. Students continue to build their knowledge of vocabulary, sentence patterns, and grammar points in communicative contexts. They also enhance their Chinese Mandarin listening and speaking skills, such as pronunciation and intonation. Students learn more in-depth Chinese reading and writing strategies and skills. The Chinese III course greatly improves students’ reading abilities, and students are able to write in Chinese in various formats such as journal, letter, invitation, and essay. The course also enriches and fortifies the students’ knowledge and skills in writing simplified Chinese characters. In this course, students learn more essential knowledge of Chinese culture, including the origins, histories, anecdotes, and etiquettes for various cultural settings, events, and occasions. Students also learn to compare and contrast the Chinese culture with their own cultures in many different aspects. Students who complete Chinese III earn Honors credit.

Pre-Requisites: Chinese I and Chinese II


  • NCAA Eligible
  • State Certified


Instructor Embedded Cost: $475

Content Only Cost: $48

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Prerequisites: Chinese I and II

Oklahoma Subject Code: 3187

Course Provider Contact: Glenda Ellero | | 407-504-1476

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.