Consumer Mathematics

0.5 Unit
Grades: 9, 10, 11, 12

When you buy goods and services, you are acting as a consumer. For example, you might buy a sandwich for lunch or pay a hair stylist for a haircut. Consumer Mathematics is designed to teach you about real-life financial situations that require everyday math skills. As a consumer, you will be earning, spending, and saving money. This course will help you make educated and responsible decisions regarding your finances.
In this course, you will learn practical applications of math. You will learn how to plan a budget, manage bank accounts, and figure the cost of a good or service. You will also learn about taxes, payroll deductions, and how to invest and borrow money. This course will help you make informed decisions about buying or renting a home or car and teach you how to protect your purchases and investments with insurance. Finally, you will study economics, or the science of the creation, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. YouÕll see how economics affects you as an individual and how it affects the country as a whole.



Instructor Embedded Cost: $275

Content Only Cost: See Course Details

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Prerequisites: Math 8 A/B

Oklahoma Subject Code: 4620

Course Provider Contact: Sarika Simpson | Academy Director | | 866-890-8153

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.