French II

1 Unit
World Languages
Grades: 9, 10, 11, 12

French II is a high school foreign language course that builds on and reviews skills and concepts taught in French I through further exposure to communication, cultures, connections, comparisons, and communities.
Course materials are designed to support students as they work to gain a basic proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and cultural competency.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to do the following:
Use basic French in everyday situations in oral and written communication.
Use French vocabulary at the level appropriate to living in francophone countries.
Demonstrate knowledge of France and other francophone countries.
Listen to and understand passages in French related to various themes.
Read and understand passages in French related to presented themes.
Compare and contrast cultural aspects of francophone countries and the United States.
This course gives students practice using the mechanics of the French language, acquaints them with the cultural differences of francophone countries and helps them gain a keen awareness of their own culture.


  • NCAA Eligible
  • State Certified


Instructor Embedded Cost: $265 per license

Content Only Cost: N/A

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Prerequisites: French I

Oklahoma Subject Code: 3112

Course Provider Contact: Kate Baxter | | 480-772-9717

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.