1 Unit
Grades: 10

Geometry is a full year, high school math course for the student who has successfully completed the prerequisite course, Algebra I. The course focuses on the skills and methods of linear, coordinate, and plane geometry. In it, students will gain solid experience with geometric calculations and coordinate plane graphing, methods of formal proof, and techniques of construction.
By the end of the course, students will be expected to do the following:
Understand defined terms, axioms, postulates, and theories.
Apply rules of formal logic and construct proofs in two-column format.
Know how to solve for angles given parallels, perpendiculars, and transversals.
Demonstrate how to solve for sides and angles of triangles, quadrilaterals, and polygons.
Understand trigonometric ratios and know how to use them to solve for unknown sides and angles in given triangles as well as application word problems.
Be able to determine arcs, chords, and sectors of circles.
Calculate perimeter, area, and volume of figures and solids.
Graph lines and determine slopes, midpoints, and distances.
Make geometric constructions on paper.
Represent results of motion geometry (translation, rotation, reflection, dilation).


  • NCAA Eligible


Instructor Embedded Cost: $265 per license

Content Only Cost: N/A

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Prerequisites: Algebra I

Oklahoma Subject Code: 4520

Course Provider Contact: Kate Baxter | | 480-772-9717

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.