Algebra II

1 Unit
Grades: 11

Algebra II – is a full-year, high school math course intended for the student who has successfully completed the prerequisite course Algebra I. This course focuses on algebraic techniques and methods in order to develop student understanding of advanced number theory, concepts involving linear, quadratic and polynomial functions, and pre-calculus theories. This course also integrates geometric concepts and skills throughout the units, as well as introducing students to basic trigonometric identities and problem solving.
Understand set notation and the structure of mathematical systems.
Calculate and perform operations with real and imaginary numbers.
Know how to use functional notation and operations on functions.
Simplify and solve algebraic fractions.
Perform operations on polynomials, including factoring, long division, and synthetic division.
Solve algebraic word problems involving mixtures, money, integers, and work.
Evaluate and solve radical expressions and equations.
Solve systems of equations with graphing, substitution, and matrices.
Graph and solve quadratic equations, including conic sections.
Graph and solve exponential and logarithmic equations.
Explore trigonometric identities and functions using the Unit Circle, graphs and modeling.
Calculate permutations, combinations, and complex probabilities.
Interpret sample surveys, normal distributions and observational studies.


  • NCAA Eligible


Instructor Embedded Cost: $265 per license

Content Only Cost: N/A

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Oklahoma Subject Code: 4412

Course Provider Contact: Kate Baxter | | 480-772-9717

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.