AP English Language & Composition

1 Unit
English Language Arts
Grades: 9, 10, 11, 12

This college-level course prepares students for the AP® English Language and Composition Exam while exploring and analyzing a variety of rhetorical contexts. This is a fast-paced, upper- level course designed for highly motivated students. Multiple opportunities are provided to enhance test-taking skills through critical reading, writing, classroom assignments, and discussion activities. AP English Language and Composition practice assessments and essays will be given throughout the course as well. This course provides students an opportunity to increase knowledge concerning prose of many styles and genres, including essays, journalistic writing, political writing, science writing, nature writing, autobiographies/biographies, diaries, speeches, history writing, and critical writing. Throughout the course, there is an intense focus on writing and revising expository, analytical, and argumentative essays to prepare students for a broad range of writing purposes.


  • NCAA Eligible
  • AP (Advanced Placement)©


Instructor Embedded Cost: $550

Content Only Cost: $150

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Oklahoma Subject Code: 4057

Course Provider Contact: Kate Baxter | kate.baxter@imaginelearning.com | 480-772-9717

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.