Chemistry, Semester A

0.5 Unit
Grades: 10, 11, 12

Chemistry is the study of how a set of substances with particular physical propertiesÑlike solid paper and the oxygen in the airÑcan react with each other to form different substances with entirely different propertiesÑlike gaseous water and carbon dioxide. In most cases, these chemical changes result in an energy change as well, either giving off energy or absorbing energy.
Chemistry is considered one of the core scientific disciplines because it is so practical and widely useful in the modern world. The development of new types of materials, new methods of producing or storing energy, or new methods of interacting with genetic material all depend upon a knowledge of chemistry.
In Chemistry A, you will learn some of the ÒbasicsÓ of chemistry: the atomic and molecular structures that result in different chemical properties and the concepts and tools that will enable you to predict chemical properties and chemical reactions.


  • NCAA Eligible


Instructor Embedded Cost: $275

Content Only Cost: See Course Details

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Prerequisites: Algebra 1 A/B

Oklahoma Subject Code: 5051

Course Provider Contact: Sarika Simpson | Academy Director | | 866-890-8153

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.