English II (Honors)

1 Unit
English Language Arts
Grades: 10

Horizons Advanced English II builds on the foundation of the Horizons Advanced English I course by utilizing the recurrent OSDE ELA standards of instruction to achieve the continuing goal of developing the critical thinking skills that students will need for success in high school, college, and life. While Advanced English I introduces the fundamental routines of analytical reading, critical thinking, and evidence-based responses, Advanced English II directs students to apply those same scholarly discussions to new and various literary and non-fiction texts. These continuing learners will improve their awareness and appreciation of an author’s ability to masterfully manipulate language to serve the unique purpose of each writing.By continuing their studies of an author’s syntactical style and precision, students in Advanced English II can continue to practice crafting their own compositions into more refined essays and multi-modal responses in preparation for the challenges and nuances of advanced communication for both the collegiate campus and the workplace.Advanced English II (10th Grade) encourages reading comprehension, analytical response, academic research, study and utilization of rhetorical techniques, and discussions throughout the curriculum.


  • NCAA Eligible
  • AP (Advanced Placement)©


Instructor Embedded Cost: $0

Content Only Cost: $0

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Oklahoma Subject Code: 4048

Course Provider Contact: Lisa Daniels | lisa.daniels@horizon.ok.gov | 405-522-0465

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.