Food Handler and Food Manager Certifications

0.5 Unit
Grades: 9, 10, 11, 12

The Food Handler and Food Manager Certifications course is a single-semester course designed to help you learn what you need to know to be successful in competency examinations for certified food handlers and food managers. The five units of the course
arm you with the knowledge and skills to provide safe food to customers as a food handler or food manager.
• Unit 1 introduces you to the principles of food safety and describes crosscontamination and food allergies.
• Unit 2 focuses on personal hygiene, the correct use of gloves, and other hygiene practices.
• Unit 3 explains the importance of time and temperature control and procedures for purchasing, receiving, storing, prepping, cooking, holding, cooling, reheating, and serving food.
• Unit 4 helps you differentiate between cleaning and sanitizing and describes procedures for cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, equipment, dishes, and the facility. It also helps you understand how to create an integrated pest management system.
• Unit 5 identifies regulatory authorities and describes a manager’s role in food safety and during an inspection.


  • State Certified


Instructor Embedded Cost: $275

Content Only Cost: See Course Details

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Oklahoma Subject Code: N/A

Course Provider Contact: Sarika Simpson | Academy Director | | 866-890-8153

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.