High School Earth & Space Science B

0.5 Unit
Grades: 9, 10, 11, 12

Earth and space science is the study of the structure of our planet and Earth’s role in the solar system and universe. This branch of science relies on observations, historical data, and physical evidence to describe the natural processes that occur around us and in distant space. You’ll begin Semester B by comparing the composition of rocks and minerals and analyzing the processes involved in the rock cycle. You’ll explore the tectonic mechanisms that lead to some of Earth’s most prominent geological features. Next, you’ll study important interactions between the hydrosphere and atmosphere and the role they play in weathering and erosion. You’ll also differentiate between weather and climate and make evidence-based predictions about both using data and modeling. The last unit in this course highlights the negative effects that humans can have on the natural cycles of Earth, as well as effective measures we can take to protect our planet.



Instructor Embedded Cost: $275

Content Only Cost: See Course Details

The following information applies only to instructor embedded courses.

Oklahoma Subject Code: 5061

Course Provider Contact: Sarika Simpson | Academy Director | counselor@edmentum.com | 866-890-8153

How To Purchase This Course

Districts wishing to purchase this course should contact the course provider directly (see contact information above) and reference the contract in the "attachments" portion of the page linked here. If you are purchasing an Instructor Embedded course, please note that online instructors need not be certified in the state of Oklahoma. They must be certified to teach the content in at least one state or teach the subject at a college or university. To enroll a student in the course, you will need to obtain from the course provider (a) the instructor’s name; (b) the state through which the instructor is certified, and (c) the instructor’s certification number. If the instructor is employed to teach the subject at a college or university, you will need to obtain that institution’s iPEDS number. This information will be recorded in the SIS when you enroll a student in the course. When enrolling a student in a Content Only course, you must indicate in the SIS the name of the person monitoring the course.